Saturday, 28 January 2012
Just turn it over
So Mat was doing the washing up while I cooked dinner and I gave him the chopping board to wash.
Verity: That needs to be washed
Mat: Just turn it over
Verity: I already have, now it needs washing
Mat: Well all you have to do in the future is spray some disinfectant on the worktop..
Mat: Just spray it where the chopping board goes and..
Mat: Then you can keep turning it over and get three maybe even four uses out of it
Mat: Well my own chopping board isn't much to look at really
Verity: Of course it isn't, it's yours
If you would like to try cooking the meal we were making at the time, here's the recipe!
Serves 4 (or in our case, 2 people, twice)
6 Rashers of heterosexual bacon
300g Chicken breast
1 Bell pepper
2 Handfuls of mixed frozen vegetables
180ml White wine
150ml Single cream
Splash of olive oil
1) Chop chicken and bacon into small chunks. Fry on a high heat in the pesto and the olive oil until mostly cooked.
2) Add the onion (chopped) and the bell pepper (chopped). Continue to fry until the onion is softened and turn down to medium heat.
3) Add the frozen vegetables and continue on medium heat until completely defrosted.
4) Add wine and cream, simmer. You should probably start cooking the pasta now.
5) Once the pasta is cooked, combine and consume.