Monday, 9 July 2012

Buccaneer Blogfest post: the introduction

Buccaneed Blogfest post prompt:

Introduction: Tell us a little bit about you and your blog. Post the sign up linky for this blogfest in your post. Include your other social media links so we can follow.

Why do you blog? Why are we here? What is the meaning of life? What is-

Okay, I'm just not this existential. Let's start over.

House of Pixie exists for one of reason, and one reason only. My life is utterly ridiculous, and I need a place in which to chronicle its bizarity. This blog provides structure.

For those of you who reached this blog through devious means (read: via the Buccaneer Blogfest or such related social media antics), my name is Verity. I am one of the directors of indie publishing house Curiosity Quills, the sponsor of this blogfest, and the only one of the 'core team' based in the UK. I live with my wife, Francis, my housemate of a year plus, Mat, and his boyfriend, Adam.

On this blog you are likely to find a curious mix of publishing tidbits (tales from the front line of editing, or behind the curtain of book production), and ridiculous snippits of life with me, Mat, Francis and Adam. Many of these posts are very short, slivers of out-of-context conversation which we think might amuse you, or might make you roll your eyes in baffled disapproval. Some are funny. Some are obscene. Some are informative.

These tangy, colourful, mixed bites of professional and domestic life are the core of existing in the House of Pixie. I hope you enjoy them.

Verity's posts for Curiosity Quills: http://curiosityquills.com/author/verity/
Verity: G+ - Facebook - Twitter
Mat: Facebook - Twitter

13 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Verity. I look forwards to finding out more about you as the fest progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare, pleasure to meet you too :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Verity,

    Looking forward to the ridiculousness and hearing more about House of Pixie:) I'm #5 on the linky list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swung by and waved, nice to meet you too. Ridiculous, thou shall find in abundance.

      Delete
  3. I adore out-of-context snippets. Following you now! :)

    http://anallegedauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings! Yeah, I tried writing actual cohesive, sensible posts, but then I didn't post OFTEN, and I found it more enjoyable just to post snippets I thought people might giggle at. my 'real' posts go up at Curiosity Quills.

      Delete
  4. Great to meet you. Thanks for sponsoring the blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CuriosityQuills as a whole is overflowing with quite awesome people, I really hope you enjoy Sharon and Courtney's hard work.

      Delete
  5. Your name is so cool, as well as your blog title. Sounds like there is a lot of intrigue to be had at your house. I'm stoked to be on the blog fest tour. Thanks for being part of the crew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) I'm glad tou're excited to be part of the tour, Courtney and Sharon have put a lot of work into making a blog hop that really encourages and guides people, rather than just being some token list of blogs. I really hope people make use of the prompts and blog-post-ideas the girls have given, I'm sure we'll all have a grand time and meet new people.

      Also?

      ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

      Delete
  6. Pixies in a Pirate Blogfest! I'm thinking Tinkerbell meets Jack Sparrow. Wait! I copyrighted that. Myyyy preciooous. (Ok that didn't belong here but then again it belongs everywhere). Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you, Verity. It's going to be an interesting blogfest and I am really looking forward to meeting so many fun people:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading ridiculous snippits and chronicles of bizarity. :)

    ReplyDelete